Our goal at SOCO Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics is always prevention, but sometimes our teeth have restorative needs. We strive to ensure your child feels welcome, comfortable and entertained. Our doctors and staff are understanding of dental fears and work together with the parents to address any child’s needs or anxieties. A few tips to prepare your child for their first restorative appointment are the following:
1. Read picture books about going to the dentist
2. Let your child “Role Play” dentist and learn the “tools.”
3. Keep regular intervals (6 months) of going to the dentist so your child feels comfortable and safe in the office.
4. Don’t talk about your negative experiences or feelings about going to the dentist
5. Avoid “scary” words such as “needle” or “shot”
6. Don’t make the appointment a punishment
7. Talk about what’s going to happen in a positive way and focus on what they might feel. For example, a “sleepy tooth,” “puffy” or “tingling” feelings.
For more tips follow us on Instagram and Tik Tok. Contact us today to schedule a consultation for your little one.